482Forward organizes parents, and youth committed to ensuring that all Detroit children have access to an excellent education, regardless of their race or socioeconomic status.
- For more information on 482’s organizing work, click here.
Best Classroom Project is an effort by Detroit parents to collaborate on finding the best kindergarten classroom possible for their children in the city of Detroit.
- For more information about Best Classroom Project, join their Facebook group.
Chalkbeat Detroit believes all children deserve better schools. And that deep local news coverage is a key ingredient to getting there.
- For more information about Chalkbeat Detroit, click here.
Children’s Center offers meaningful solutions that address mental, physical and behavioral health, abuse and neglect, and poverty challenges currently faced by over 100,000 children in the Greater Detroit area.
- For more information on Children’s Center and their services, click here.
Crossroads of Michigan offers support to families in emergency situations and can provide access to emergency food and clothing, prescriptions (on a one-time basis), employment, transportation, and obtaining identification/birth certificates.
- Visit their website or call 313.822.5200 to set up an appointment.
Detroit Parent Network (DPN) offers Detroit parents/guardians workshops, practical tools, written materials and leadership development.
- For information on DPN programs, click here.
Detroit Public Schools (DPS) provides additional information and performance data for DPS schools.
- For more information on DPS, click here.
- For access to DPS performance reports, click here.
- For information on how to enroll at DPS, click here.
DMC My Healthy Michigan offers low income families access to free health insurance.
- For more information or to sign up, click here.
Educational Achievement Authority of Michigan (EAA) provides additional information and performance reports on EAA schools.
- For more information on the EAA, click here.
- For access to EAA performance reports, click here.
- For information on enrollment in EAA schools, click here.
Excellent Schools Detroit (ESD) provides detailed information and performance data for Detroit schools.
- For the Detroit Schools Scorecard 2015, click here.
Meet Up and Eat Up is a collaborative movement to ensure that every child has access to nutritious meals 3 times a day, 365 days a year.
- Dial 2-1-1 or text “Food” to 877-877 to find a summer site near you
Wayne County Regional Education Service Agency (RESA) offers more information on curriculum, instruction and assessment at schools across Wayne County.